By Devashree Gharkar
Warli is a tribal art originated in Maharashtra where it is still practiced today. This is how you can make your own tribal art wall piece.
- Tissue paper
- Make a mixture of glue and water(1:2). Use this mixture to stick the tissue on the newspaper.
- Apply such 2-3 layers of tissue and let it dry. Do not remove the excess paper on the side.
- Take brown paint on a palette, add a few drops of water and mix it. With the help of a sponge paint the paper. Sponge provides a wider coverage and consistency in painting.
- Once the paint is dry, fold or cut the excess paper from the sides
- For painting, start with the border and then paint the characters.
- Once the paint has dried, make two holes at the top of the paper, use the rope to make a hanger.